Monday, August 25, 2014

Birchbox "Lighten Up" August 2014

I received my August Birchbox about a week or two ago but this lazy Momma is taking forever to getting around to posting about it (this is my 3rd review tonight, you can tell I'm finally getting caught up). For those of you that don't now, Birchbox is a monthly subscription (cancel/pause any time) where you get a monthly box, delivered to your front door, of 4-6 high-end beauty and lifestyle samples from top brands. The best part, it's only $10/month! (and free shipping!)






Birchbox is always delivered in a nice (usually pink) box and within the packaging; there is always a nice little box with all the goodies. The theme this month was "Lighten Up" and included items to help beat the summer heat and and not take ourselves too seriously as we laugh our way into fall. 




Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo  (~$2.97 for .75 oz sample) - I am always looking for a new dry shampoo and haven't found one I love enough to repurchase it but this one definitely smells good and doesn't leave a "hair spray" type feel to my hair either so maybe it'll be the one. 


ModelCo Bronzer in Shimmer (~$7.54 for .12 oz  sample) - This bronzer is a little expensive for my liking but I do love using bronzer when I get dolled up (I probably should use it more often!) so this will definitely come in handy!




Dr. Jart+ Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm (~$4.24 for .2 oz sample) - This seems similiar (although less expensive) to one of my favorite items, Dr. Brandt Pores No More Refiner, which I happened to receive in this month's ipsy Glam Bag. I hope it works justt as good, because if it does I may actually use my Birchbox points to purchase it!





nügg Beauty Soothing Face Mask (~$3.00 for one mask) -  I love trying new masks and this one will be tried on Friday when I pamper myself with a massage and a pedicure!




Supergoop! Forever Young Hand Cream with SPF 40 (~$1.87 for .17 oz sample) - I don't use hand cream often enough and when I do, I don't ever worry about SPF but I definitely should since my hands are one thing that are NEVER covered from the son. I love all Supergoop! products so I'm sure this one will be great too! I also love that it's "clean" scented unlike so many other hand creams. 



Total Estimated Value of Box: ~$19.62 (not including shipping)
Total Cost of Box: $10.00 (Free Shipping)

Overall Impression: I loved this box. It's not overally "valued" but ever single item will be used!

If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, use my referral link. If you review each product monthly you also get credit money in the Birchbox shop. If you review each product each month (assuming there are 5) that equals $5 so the box itself pretty much costs $5 which is a great deal!

My box was "Birchbox 38" - if you click here and then change the last number you can see the different variations of boxes that were sent out, looks like there were 64 different variations this month.

Which box did you get this month? Did you like it?

Disclosure: This post contains referral links! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!