Thursday, September 11, 2014

Birchbox September 2014 Review




I received my September Birchbox today and actually took a sneak peek only this morning so was suprised to see it had come today. 

For those of you that don't now, Birchbox is a monthly subscription (cancel/pause any time) where you get a monthly box, delivered to your front door, of 4-6 high-end beauty and lifestyle samples from top brands. The best part, it's only $10/month! (and free shipping!)



Birchbox is always delivered in a nice (usually pink) box and within the packaging; there is always a nice little box with all the goodies, this month's "inside" box was super colorful compared to their normal plain cardboad colored box.  I'm actually not sure what the theme is this month , but the information card talked about diving into fall and celebrating  the 4th anniversary of Birchbox. This is what I got this month:


Mereadesso All-in-One Moisturizer ($28.00 for 12ml travel size sample) - wow, even if I loved this, I could never spend that much money on a moisturizer. It's $120 for a 4 oz bottle that should last 4 months according to their website. Granted, it is supposed to be a anti-aging day/night cream, serum, eye cream, toner AND primer so I suppose if I actually used all those items, it would be cheaper to use this all-in-one. I also like that the foil packet / travel size can be re-closed since the sample which is the "full size" travel size, is definitely more than just one application. 



Number 4 Hair Super Comb Prep & Protect (~$4.80 for 30 mL / 1 oz sample) - I'm not a big leave-in-conditoner type of person anymore, but I will try this out. This is a sulfate-free leave-in conditioner that safeguards color, strenghtens, and nourishes. 


Ofra Universal Eyebrow Pencil ($13.00 for .04 oz full size sample) - I've never used an eyebrow pencil before in my life, so this will be passed on to a friend. This is a water-resistant, universally flattering pencil that glides on for long-lasting definition. 


Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Ripe Raspberry ($7.00 for one 4 g full size sample) - Birchbox sells these in a 4pk, but the one received is the full-size for one of them. I wish it wasn't a colored balm though, but overall pretty moisturizing!



Ruffian Nail Lacquer in RUFFIAN Naked + Ruffian Dressing Room Nail Lacquer Remover Towelette ($10.00 for .17 oz  full size sample + ~$1.20 for one towelette) - this is SO not my color at all, will be passed along to a friend and I feel like over $1 for something to remove your polish one time is pretty pricey considering my entire bottle of polish remover is only like $1.79. 


Total Estimated Value of Box: ~$64.00 (not including shipping)
Total Cost of Box: $10.00 (Free Shipping)

Overall Impression: This is probably the highest valued box I've ever received from Birchbox and it had a ton of full-size samples, however it is probably one of my least favorite boxes because so many of the items aren't things I'd use. 

If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, use my referral link. If you review each product monthly you also get credit money in the Birchbox shop. If you review each product each month (assuming there are 5) that equals $5 so the box itself pretty much costs $5 which is a great deal!

My box was "Birchbox 29" - if you click here and then change the last number you can see the different variations of boxes that were sent out, looks like there were 58 different variations this month.

Which box did you get this month? Did you like it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!