Friday, December 5, 2014

Follow Through Friday - Back on Track!



After my last two weeks, I really needed to “detox” myself from terrible eating. Exercise doesn’t really help you lose weight if you eat like crap. I did pretty well this week, which can be seen in my results below. I made my first "goal" and can now get my first incentive, a facial!! Totally booking that ASAP! I also have my 2nd month weigh in of the Transformer Diet Bet on Sunday, which cumulatively needed to be a 6% loss. Based on today’s weigh-in, I’m pretty confident I’ll make it, which means hopefully I’ll make a few bucks again! Score! Next month I only need to lose another 2% (8% cumulate), less than previous months, which is good considering it’s the holiday season and the weigh in for month 3 will be right after the new year = lots of holiday parties! Plus the more you lose, the harder it gets. Story of my life right there!

My runs this week were tough. I hadn’t been feeling great Sunday and was just going to run to catch up with G while he was taking the girls for a walk. Well it took me a while to find him and he encouraged me to keep going, so I figured I’d just make it one of my 30 minute runs. Well, once I hit 30 minutes, I had been feeling pretty good so I decided to keep going and completed my 5 miles. My legs were a little sore Monday when I did my first 30 minute run, hence the slower pace (for a short run). My other 30 minute run didn't happen.  I made the decision to stop pumping this week, so starting on Tuesday afternoon I did my last pump (ever!) and dealt with the leaking and the engorgement pain until about this morning. Still a little engorged, but at least the leaking has stopped! (sorry, a little TMI? at least I left out the part about putting cabbage in my bra.. oh well, now you know - btw it helps!) Luckily, it didn't affect my weight loss this week. Now I just have to adjust my eating again as I can't have those extra "breastfeeding" calories anymore if I want to still lose weight as I was only eating them for my milk production. My long runs are getting to be too long to do in my neighborhood without doing multiple loops, so tomorrow I have plans to knock out my 6 miles on the West Orange Trail with some ladies from the local Moms Run This Town running group. I’ve been a part of this group (online FB group) since I found out I was pregnant with AB (that’s when I discovered it­) but haven’t made it out to any of their group runs since I didn't run while pregnant; so I’m excited to finally meet and run with some of the other moms! Plus it gets my long run out of the way nice and early in the week!

Oh yea, and I've been tracking my miles all year, and November ended up being the month with the most miles logged (probably of all time!)  - I logged 56.58 miles in November!

Results for the week:
Weight: 169.4
Pins Moved (lbs lost): four!! (3.8 lbs)
Half Marathon training:
     Run 1: 5.08 miles in 1:02:08 (12:13 pace) 
     Run 2: 2.47 miles in 30:00 (12:08 pace)
     Strength Training: none
Other:
     Walk: Wednesday - 1.0 Mile
     Walk: Thursday - 0.6 mile
Total Weekly Miles Logged:  9.15 miles

Overall Weight Lost since "Starting Point" 10/24/14: 7.2 lbs

Plan for Next Week: 
Continue the half marathon training plan, for Friday throughMonday it will include: a 6 mile run, two 30-minute runs (one at race pace), and two strength training days. 
Linking up with Carolyn and Fitnasty for Life with the pledge to get #FIT4FIFTEEN!

Fitnasty for Life

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job this week... though I'm a little mad you beat me to the 160's ;) Hope this week is going well for your so far -- seems like you're on the right track to win big for your dietbet! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won almost $30 in the diet bet this month! Woohoo! On business travel this week and am totally blowing it food wise, but will at least hit my exercise goals!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!