Friday, December 19, 2014

Follow Through Friday - Just Maintain

Well, I've come to the conclusion that I'm OK with just maintaining my weight through the rest of the month, through the holidays. I seriously ate more cookies this week than I've probably had in the last 2 months combined, not to mention all the holiday festivities I attended this week and have planned over the next 2 weeks. If I can maintain my weight through all that, I'll be happy. I'm not committed enough right not to refrain from indulging in all the foods. On the other hand, I have been committed to getting in my runs. Even after binging on cookies all day. I think the runs are helping balance out my poor eating choices, well sort of, I have gained back a little.

I didn't make it out for my long run on Saturday with the MRTT ladies as I chose to participate in some beer drinking the night before during our neighborhood Christmas Lights parade. I rescheduled it for Sunday morning with another MRTT lady but woke up with a pounding headache so missed that one too. I did get my run in later that day on Sunday though, after my headache finally went away and actually felt pretty good after it, even if it did consist of running in circles through the neighborhood. I totally regretted not going out to the trail. I squeezed in my other two 30 minutes runs between working and parties. G was away on travel this week, so it always makes it more difficult to get my runs in as he definitely helps motivate me when I'm being lazy (and/or stays home with the girls when I want to run outside).


Results for the week:


Weight: 171.8


Pins Moved (lbs lost): one in wrong direction (1.4 lbs gained)


Half Marathon training:
     Run 1: 7.05 miles in 1:25:21 (12:06 pace) 
     Run 2: 2.75 miles in 30:17 (11:00 pace)
     Run 3: 2.44 miles in 30:00 (12:17 pace)
     Strength Training: none


Other:
     Walk: Friday – 1.8 miles
     Walk: Sunday - 1.11 miles (multiple walks)
     Walk: Monday - 0.53 miles
     Walk: Wednesday - 0.53 miles

     Walk: Thursday - 0.8 miles


Total Weekly Miles Logged:  17.01 miles

Overall Weight Lost since "Starting Point" 10/24/14: 4.8 lbs


Plan for Next Week: 
Continue the half marathon training plan, for Friday through Monday it will include: an 8 mile run, two 30-minute runs (one at race pace), and two strength training days (I'm not even going to include this going forward as I'm clearly not doing them). 


Linking up with Carolyn and Fitnasty for Life with the pledge to get #FIT4FIFTEEN! 
Fitnasty for Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!