Friday, October 2, 2015

Follow Through Friday - Two Week Day Long Runs


What a week! Before we left for our cruise on Friday, I went out and ran my 8 miles, knowing I wouldn’t do it on vacation. I ran with one of my MRTT Mommas who is usually pretty fast (faster than me anyways!) and we did the first 4 miles in under 40 minutes! Overall, we maintained a great pace for all 8 miles and even saw two zebras on a property that backs up to the trail. So random!

I ate and drank heavily on the cruise like usual (but did get a decent amount of steps, like 12k+ each day) but didn’t really slow my roll much all week. I only cooked one night, bought my lunch each day at work and ate a lot of left over birthday cake. Tuesday morning when I weighed myself, I was still holding on to some serious weight and was 156.9. Somehow I got back down to 150.2 this morning. I really need to meal prep for this coming week. I got one free week of Hello Fresh (use code UYWR66 if you want $40 off your first box!) and am excited to try the meals that were delivered. They aren’t very low in calories though but since the portions are pretty large, I figure I can split the meals in half. I made the first one, which was Pan-Seared Chicken Sausage with Tangy Cabbage and Butternut Squash-Apple Puree and it was delicious (even with charring my squash a little)! I was able to split it into 3 meals too! The two I’ll be making this week will be: Seared Steak & Creamy Horseradish Sauce with Rosemary-Roasted Root Vegetables and Roasted Pork Chops with Balsamic-Fig Sauce, Greens, and Rosemary-Roasted Potatoes. I wish this program wasn’t so expensive ($69 for 3 meals for 2 people so ~ $11.50/meal) because I love the concept and love how it all game pre-packaged and ready to go!  Speaking of food this weekend may end up being just as bad as the cruise last weekend since G and I are going to Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse for date night tonight (we have gift cards) and then doing Drinks Around the World at Epcot tomorrow which since it’s also the Food and Wine Festival, there is a good chance I’ll be eating around the world as well! I’ll be sure to jump back on the healthy eating train 1st thing on Sunday though!

Since I knew we’d be super busy all weekend and after drinking, I definitely can’t run the next day, I got my long run in last night (Thursday). I’d much rather get up super early on a Saturday and run with my MRTT Mommas though, but at least I got it done. After working all day, and thinking it was supposed to rain, I wasn’t feeling very motivated. I had been excited since my in-laws were taking the girls for dinner; I was excited to have opportunity to even run outside. Then when it started pouring on my way home from work, I was dreading having to do 9 miles on the treadmill. Luckily, it cleared up and I was able to get it done outside! Typically I really slow my pace down when I run by myself, especially long distances, but I’m rather impressed with this one. I will most likely be missing my third run for this week, which is just a 30 minute one, and my first missed one this training cycle, unless I feel miraculously good on Sunday after drinking on Saturday, but that is unlikely. Not too bad though, made it 7 weeks without missing a single run. And I got two loing runs done on weekdays, that's impressive in itself! I only made it on the workstation one day at work, but someone didn’t show up so at least I got it for 45 minutes vs. the normal 30. Since I was on vacation Monday, I missed the signups for this coming week, boo!




Since yesterday started a new month, figured I’d set my October Goals. I hit all 3 of my September Goals – I hit and passed the goal of150 lbs (which means I also hit my Dietbet goal, which was September goal #2). Granted I’m a little up again, but I’m confident I can get back down to at least 148.4 this month, and that’s my weight goal to hit before we leave for our 3 week vacation on 10/24, with a stretch goal of 147. I signed up for another Dietbet when we got back from the cruise and it ends October 18th, and since most of my initial weigh in was cruise bloat, I already hit that goal, but of course that’s a goal to be able to maintain and win my DietBet for the month.  I also made the goal to run 55 miles this month, since I hit 53.9 (vs. my goal of 50 for September). I’m signed up for a 10 Miler race (Lakeland 10 Miler) next weekend and then a 5 Miler + 2 Miler challenge race (U Can Finish 5 Miler) the following weekend.

Results for the week (ending 10/2):
Weight:  150.2

Half Marathon training:
     Run 1: 8.03 miles in 1:21:56 (10:12 pace)
     Run 2: 2.82 miles in 30:00 (10:38 pace) 
     Run 3: 9.00 miles in 1:32:45 (10:18 pace) 


Other:
   Walk: 2.7 miles combined

Total Weekly (Running) Miles Logged: 19.85 miles

Total September Miles Logged: 53.9 (of 50)

Overall Weight Lost since "Starting Point" 10/24/14: 26.4 lbs

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!