Friday, September 25, 2015

Follow Through Friday - Weekly Update

As reported last week, I had won my last diet bet. I had been keeping track of all my DietBets since ABS birth, and with the last one that just ended, after all my buy-ins, I MADE $488.87! That’s almost $500 in less than a year for doing what I wanted to be doing anyways, losing weight!. We’re going on a cruise today, so I’m sure I’ll gain a decent amount over this weekend and I’ll join a quick Transformer one on Monday when I get back to incentivize myself before heading out on our big 3 week vacation at the end of October. Once we are back from that (which I’m sure will be a hefty gain), I’ll join what is hopefully my last 6 month transformer, and probably a few kickstarters along the way as I make the final efforts to hit my final goal! I had originally  had a goal to hit 135 by my 30thbirthday (well by the start of the trip which is October 24th since I’ll be ON the trip the day I turn 30) but it’s pretty obvious that I’m not going to be hitting that one. If I really buckle down after the trip (and not let the holidays get in the way), I do think I should be able to hit it by our 4th wedding anniversary in February, assuming I don’t gain too much on said trip. So that is my new stretch goal date, 135 lbs by 2/18/16

I didn’t meal prep this week because I was just too busy and didn’t make it to the grocery store, so I haven’t been eating the greatest this week considering how much I’ve eaten from the cafeteria at work. Yesterday was also ABS’ 1st Birthday and we went out to dinner. We tried out this super yummy, new Mexican place, and I definitely may have went overboard. So between last night and just lunch all week (and I wasn’t very good over the weekend either) I’m not surprised I’m up from last week. 

I did get in all my runs though! I got up way before the sun on Saturday morning to knock out my 7 mile run before G left for the UCF game. I met up with him later once we had a babysitter available for the girls. On Tuesday I had a doctor appointment so finished my work day from home, which gave me the opportunity to run outside (rather than waste the 30 minutes commuting home from work) before doing the day care pick up. It’s still pretty hot in Florida at 5pm, with feels like temps of 90+, but overall that run felt great. I can’t say the same for my run on Wednesday night. I could barely get going (I’m sure my slight headache didn’t help) so decided to do a 10 minute walk to warm up. Which I know I should do anyways, but I never do. After that, I felt a little better and knocked out my 30 minute run. It honestly felt really tough. So weird how the same duration and distance can feel so different on different days. Really hoping my 8 miles today feels much better. I’m running today (or probably already ran, depending on when you read this) since we’ll be on the cruise this weekend and I definitely don’t want to do 8 miles on the treadmill if I don’t have to (I’ll be stuck on the treadmill for some of my longer runs in November as it is). I’ve also started using the walkstations at work this week. It’s basically an adjustable height desk with a computer that allows us to remote into our own computer, with a treadmill under it. The treadmill has a max speed of 2.0 mph and we are only allowed to use it once a day, for 30 minutes (so 1 mile). Which is a nice break in the day, and sure beats sitting at my desk all day. We only have 2 to share between a few thousand people, so the reservations fill up pretty quickly. I did manage to get in 3 out of the 4 work days this week but only once for next week, boo! We can only book a week out and if you don’t get in there first thing Monday morning, you pretty much don’t even have a chance of getting on the calendar.

Results for the week (ending 9/25):
Weight:  150.6

Half Marathon training:
     Run 1: 7.00 miles in 1:15:15 (10:45 pace)
     Run 2: 3.03 miles in 31:11 (10:17 pace)  
     Run 3: 2.96 miles in 30:00 (10:08 pace) 

Other:
     Walk: 3.72 miles combined

Total Weekly (Running) Miles Logged: 12.99 miles
Total September Miles Logged: 43.05 (of 50)

Overall Weight Lost since "Starting Point" 10/24/14: 26.0 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!