Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Birchbox "Rainy Days" April 2014 Review

My April Birchbox came last week while I was away. I had already peeked at what I was getting earlier in the month and actually wasn’t as excited about it as I typically am. For those of you that don't now, Birchbox is a monthly subscription (cancel/pause any time) where you get a monthly box, delivered to your front door, of 4-6 high-end beauty and lifestyle samples from top brands. The best part, it's only $10/month! (and free shipping!)






 Birchbox is always delivered in a nice (usually pink) box and within the packaging; there is always a nice little box with all the goodies. The theme this month was "Rainy Days" and talked about embracing the gloomy rainy days as we wait for May flowers! Birchbox always includes a great information card which explains each item and the value for the full size (I post the value for the sample size received - which is sometimes a full size item). Here is what I got this month:




Clear Brow Gel by Anastasia Beverly Hills (2.5 mL / 0.085 oz) – I had no use for this as my brows are pretty easy to maintain (and by easy, I mean I get them waxed as needed and that’s all I need to do) but I had a friend who herd I got it and said she was interested in trying it out, so I mailed it to her. (~$6.68 for 2.5mL sample)



Gala’s Gem Collection Nail Polish by Color Club (in Breakfast at... – 7 mL / 0.25 oz “mini size”) ) – I wasn’t a fan of this color personally, so I mailed this with the brow gel to my friend as she said she liked it. The reviews on Birchbox all are very positive though. (~$3.25 for each of the mini’s that come in the set)



8% AHA Gel Exfoliant by Paula’s Choice (30mL / 1 oz) – I’m actually really starting to enjoy using exfoliants on my face in the shower so I’m excited to try this one out. This one you are supposed to leave on; which is completely different than any exfoliant I’ve ever tried. (~$7.27 for 1 oz sample)



Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream by Supergoop (in light to medium, 3 mL) – I have received this in a previous box or ipsy Glam Bag and it’s one item I really like so I am happy for another. It’s lightly tinted and can be used as a primer and foundation while protecting your skin from harmful UVA, UVB, and infrared-A rays. (~$2.03 for 3 mL sample)


Healthy Gains Bar by KIND Snacks (in Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt) – I love KIND bars, just wish they weren’t so expensive. This one was super yummy! This was  added in as a Lifestyle Extra and according to Birchbox, Lifestyle Extras do not count towards the value of the box but estimated value is $0.79 for one bar. (Which isn’t bad but when sold individually at the store they are almost $2 each!)

Total Estimated Value of Box: ~$19.23 (not including shipping or the lifestyle extra))
Total Cost of Box: $10.00 (Free Shipping)

Overall Impression: it’s funny how last month, I loved that box more and it had a much lower value and this month, I only really liked two of the items and overall it had a much higher value (but I guess when you throw in the lifestyle extra it does at least equal what I paid). Glad I have a friend to trade stuff with as well as we usually get completely different items in our boxes/bags.

If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, use my referral link. If you review each product monthly you also get credit money in the Birchbox shop. If you review each product each month (assuming there are 5) that equals $5 so the box itself pretty much costs $5 which is a great deal!

My box was "Birchbox 33" - if you click here and then change the last number you can see the different variations of boxes that were sent out, looks like there were 48 different variations this month.

Which box did you get this month? Did you like it?

Disclosure: This post contains referral links! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!