Thursday, April 10, 2014

Stork Stack "Busy Bee" April 2014 Review



I received my April Stork Stack this week. I love my Citrus Lane baby boxes, so I did a one-time, one month subscription to Stork Stack after they offered some kind of special to sign up and I, of course, couldn’t resist trying out a new baby box for a discounted price! For those of you that don’t know, Stork Stack is a monthly subscription service which sends out 5 high quality products for baby and you that are specific to your child’s age (and one item that is always for Mom). Monthly plans start at $27.99/month and get as cheaper if you buy a longer subscription.  If you are interested in signing up, you get you $10 off with my referral code: C1097C92 – click here to sign up which will bring the price down to $17.99 which isn’t bad to try it out, and remember you can cancel at any time.

This is what I received in my daughter’s April 2014 box which is supposed to be geared toward a 17 month old and the approximate retail value I found for each item from their specific website (or Amazon, since if you know me, I'm an Amazon Junkie and would most likely buy from there). Sometimes I have to do some math because the sizes aren’t quite the same, hence why they are approximate values. The Theme is “Busy Bee” and the electronic information card (they email you when it ships and give you the option to click on it for spoilers or wait until your box arrives) talks about Spring being a busy time of year and how these items will be good for busy parents and toddlers.  



Peekaboo Panda by Melissa & Doug ($5.99): We actually already have this toy, so I’ll be gifting this to someone. I’ve decided that is what I’m going to do with my baby stuff that we already have/don’t need.  I do think this is a little “young” for a 17 month old to receive in their box especially since I received it in her 13 month, December 2013 Bluum Box and it’s marked 9+ months. I’ll be giving this to the 1 year old whose birthday party we are attending this weekend with some other things.



Flatopus by North American Bear ($9.95): Not that EM needs any more stuffed animals but this is adorable and I’m sure she’ll love it. I like that it’s “flat” so its easy to snuggle with. I also like that it is Machine washable. Anything that is given to a child NEEDS to be machine washable, in my opinion!



Calendula Weather Protection Cream by Weleda Baby (~$7.35 for 1 oz) – We received this in our November 2013 Bluum Boxand are still yet to use it so I’m pretty confident we won’t use this one either. I’ll try to find someone up north to give this to who actually experiences cold weather. It says it’s good for protecting skin against wind and wet weather as well but not something we’ll be using. For those who care, it is 100% natural and 74% organic.


“This Old Man” Book by Child’s Play ($5.39): I love that we pretty much get a book in every baby subscription box we get as some of the books get old after awhile of reading them night after night. EM does have quite the collection though! This is a very nice and brightly illustrated board book and I’m excited to read it to EM at bedtime soon.



Pretzel Crisps (~$0.63 for 1 oz bag) – I LOVE these and even though these are easily available at the grocery store, I don’t mind having them in my box. They are yummy pretzel crisps that are great for dipping in items!



Total estimated value of box: $29.31 (not including shipping and that’s with buying everything from Amazon)
Total Cost of box: $27.99 (free shipping) - although I only paid $13.99 because of the deal I had found when I signed up.

Overall impression: The value is there, especially if you went to their original sites for some of these items – like $17 for Flatopus) however getting repeat items was no fun (although not Stork Stack’s fault since it wasn’t them who sent it to me previously) but I do think the Peekaboo Panda is a little too young for this age group in terms of suggested ages, although could definitely still be enjoyed by a toddler of any age.

As mentioned above, If you are interested in signing up for Stork Stack… use my referral code: C1097C92 and get $10 off your first box (and I’ll get a $10 credit as well)
Remember, you can cancel at any time, so your first box would only be $17.99 (with the single month pricing), not too shabby! 

Did you get Stork Stack this month? What'd you get in your box (and for what aged child)? 

Disclosure: This post contains referral links. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!