Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Cool Summer Mornings 5k Series - Race #3: Wild, Wild West Race Recap



(source)
 
Two weeks ago, I ran Race # 3 of the Cool Summer Mornings 5k Series which was a Wild, Wild West theme. I feel like there isn’t much to report on the race itself, since it was the 3rd in the series and same course and everything. The only difference was the theme. I even saw a girl running in jean shorts and cowboy boots, which is just crazy to me! Talk about chaffing! I really do love this series, and as much as I complain about the heat, I love the easy out and back course, how well organized it is for a small race and of course the bling (and the cost - so reasonably priced!).

I had a goal to improve my time with each of these races this summer, but I ended up not having a great week (running-wise) leading up the race and it definitely showed in my performance. Overall, still not an awful time, just not better than Race #2. There’s still hope for the final race is the series in a few weeks. Since I’ve started my half marathon training, I’m hoping it’ll help!
my bib after I used my food coupon haha

RACE BLING

the shirt

Can you spot me in the picture?




Official Chip Time: 31:38 (overall pace of 10:11)
Place: 145 of 393 Finishers
Place: 59 of the 240 Women Finishers
Place: 8 of 29 in my Women’s Age Division (25-29)

My Runkeeper stats:
3.18 miles in 32:05 (overall pace of 10:06)
Splits: 
Mile 1: 10:09
Mile 2: 9:45
Mile 3: 10:14
.18 mile: 10:53 <--forgot to hit stop at finish line

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!