Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bluum April 2014 Review


I received my April Bluum Box the other day. I thought I cancelled all my Bluum subscriptions (only because I'm trying to cut down on my subscription addiction and I've consistently liked Citrus Lane better so when cutting down to one, Citrus Lane made the cut) but something got screwed up and I received a box, oh well, can't say I'm too upset about that, but it didn't even get delivered until May 2nd, so I think they really screwed something up. 

Bluum is a monthly subscription service where you receive a box each month with products that are based on your child's age, gender and developmental stage. The boxes start as low as $21/month if you choose a longer subscription or just $24.95/month for one month, and you can cancel anytime. If you use my referral link (http://bluum.me/1hReL0W) you can get your first month 50% off, so it's not a bad deal to try out for $12.50! Which considering they advertise a $40+ value, you can definitely get a good deal of goodies for much less if you get a good box!


Here is my review of my box, which is for my 17 month old, daughter and the approximate retail value I found for each item from their specific website (or Amazon, since if you know me, I'm an Amazon Junkie and would most likely buy from there). Sometimes I have to do some math because the sizes aren’t quite the same, hence why they are approximate values. 
first look

Circle of Friends Rosa's Raspberry Detangler (10 oz) – well we don’t quite have a need for a detangler yet, BUT if EM’s hair is anything like mine was as a kid, I’m sure we’ll need it. and lots of it. This does smell super yummy! ($13.00)



Priddy Books - Bright Baby Slide And Find Who's My Mom? – This is an adorable board book, my only complaint is the sliding “windows” aren’t actually that easy to slide. EM will definitely not be able to do them on her own. Maybe after a few uses/reads they won’t be as stiff and easier to open. ($4.46)



Priddy Books - First Concepts - Colors – Like the book above, the flaps/pull tabs are kind of hard to pull/open. Hopefully with use they will loosen up. Otherwise, it appears to be a great quality board book that I’m sure EM will love. She loves all books at this point! ($8.09)



Tom's Of Maine - Toddler Training Toothpaste in Mild Fruit Flavor (1.75 oz) – This brand is known for being natural and containing no artificial colors, flavors, fragrance or preservatives. As with all toddler toothpaste, it is fluoride free (in case they swallow it). This will come in handy as EM’s current toothpaste is almost empty. ($3.99)



Klorane - Dry Shampoo (150 mL) – I love that there is always a “Mom” item in these boxes. I love it even more when it’s something I’ll actually use. I've tried several different types of dry shampoo and still haven't found one I love. Maybe this one will be it? This particular brand is free of parabens, sulfates, and colorants. ($16.55)



Total Estimated Value of Box: $46.09 (not including shipping)
Total Cost of Box: $24.95 (free shipping)

Overall impression: This box is definitely one of the more valuable Bluum boxes we’ve received. I’m kind of bummed we received two books as I would have preferred a box and a toy but regardless all of the items are great items and will be used. Any maybe I’ll even find my new favorite dry shampoo out of it too?

As mentioned above, If you are interested in signing up for Bluum… use my referral link and get 50% off your first box (and I’ll get a credit as well): http://bluum.me/1hReL0W and I'll love you forever! You can also review you items and earn points towards free boxes as well!

Remember, you can cancel at any time, so your first box would only be $12.47 (with the single month pricing), not too shabby! .

Did you get Bluum this month? What'd you think? What age is your box for? 

Disclosure: This post contains referral links!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!