Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Bluum - December 2013 Review

My December Bluum box arrived today along with my December Citrus Lane box and it too was a super large box which excited me! For those of you that don't know. Bluum is a monthly subscription service where you receive a box each month with products that are based on your child's age, gender and developmental stage. The boxes start as low as $21/month if you choose a longer subscription or just $24.95/month for one month, and you can cancel anytime. If you use my referral link (http://bluum.me/1hReL0W) you can get your first month 50% off, so it's not a bad deal to try out for $12.50! Which considering they advertise a $40+ value, you can definitely get a good deal of goodies for much less if you get a good box!


Here is my review of my box, which is for my 13 month old, daughter and the approximate retail value I found for each item from their specific website (or Amazon, since if you know me, I'm an Amazon Junkie and would most likely buy from there). Sometimes I have to do some math because the sizes aren’t quite the same, hence why they are approximate values. My first glance was blocked first by an advertisement to share Bluum and then blocked by a large item (the stacking toy) so the pictures aren't as exciting as usual but the box definitely was packed, unlike last month. I actually received my information card via e-mail as soon as I was opening my box (which I did not receive last month). I also didn't get a "theme" this month. They don't seem to be very consistent with that kind of stuff from what I read. Anyways, on to my goodies:

Ecos Free & Clear Liquid Laundry Detergent by Earth Friendly Products (4oz) - We can always use laundry detergent, but it's not exactly an exciting item to receive. It's all natural and I tend to use these sample sizes when I hand wash items instead of lugging my big Costco sized detergent to the bathroom. This is actually a very generous size though compared to some other laundry detergents I've received. (~$.58 for the 4oz Sample)

Peek-a-Boo Panda by Melissa & Doug - EM will love this! We play peek-a-poo often and read a book with it most nights as well so this will be fun to incorporate. I love M&D items! ($5.99)

Bath Stacking Pals by B Kids - These look like fun and will be added to EM's basket of bath toys! I have never heard of "B Kids" before but if EM likes these, we'll have to look up more items from them. ($10.49)

HappyYogis: Mixed Berry by HappyFamily Organic Superfoods (1 oz) - We got these same ones last month and EM loved them so they are a welcomed item! They are perfect for snacking on the go and for those who care, they are Organic. (~$2.81)


Happy Baby GRAINS Homestyle Meals "Brown Rice Pudding" by HappyFamily Organic Superfoods (3.5 oz) - I have a few "pouch" meals/snacks that I really need to give a try. Ever since EM started eating whatever I eat, I forget about the "baby food" type items I have in the pantry. Most kids love these so I'll have to try to remember to try these out.  (~$1.56)


Pacifier Wipes by Dapple (10 pk) - EM never took a pacifier so we don't have a need for these. However, I know how often babies drop pacifiers so these could be an awesome item to give to a friend so they have them handy when the baby throws out their binkie. ($5.12)

Total Estimated Value of Box: $26.55 (not including shipping)
Total Cost of Box: $12.47 - it's normally $24.95, I paid less because I found a deal. (plus free shipping)

Overall impression: Meh. Had I paid full price I'd be extremely upset (that's the 2nd month in a row I said that now) They advertise over $40 value and this wasn't even close, although there were a large # of items and they were all good, I just don't like false advertisements. I'll give them one more shot (which I will be paying the normal price for) so they better redeem themselves!

As mentioned above, If you are interested in signing up for Bluum… use my referral link and get 50% off your first box (and I’ll get a credit as well): http://bluum.me/1hReL0W and I'll love you forever! You can also review you items and earn points towards free boxes as well!

Remember, you can cancel at any time, so your first box would only be $12.47 (with the single month pricing), not too shabby! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!