Monday, November 25, 2013

Bluum - November 2013 Review

I hadn't subscribed to Bluum since they changed their boxes earlier in 2013 so I was excited to see what was in it! For those of you that don't know. Bluum is a monthly subscription service where you receive a box each month with products that are based on your child's age, gender and developmental stage. The boxes start as low as $21/month if you choose a longer subscription or just $24.95/month for one month, and you can cancel anytime. If you use my referral link (http://bluum.me/1hReL0W) you can get your first month 50% off, so it's not a bad deal to try out for $12.50! Which considering they advertise a $40+ value, you can definitely get a good deal of goodies for much less!

Here is my review of my box, which is for my 12 month old, daughter. At first glance, it looked like a huge box, although it wasn't very heavy. When I first opened it there was a bunch of cards on top, and once I moved them and the Happy Holidays note from Bluum the box looked jammed pack. Much to my disappointment though, there was a ton of filler/stuffing paper underneath and the box wasn't as full as I thought, although does have some good items in it! There wasn't an information card (which since this is my first month since they made their changes back in early 2013 I am not sure if they are supposed to have one or not but I did log in my account and they had a little summary about my theme of the box being "Mini Cruiser"  and about EM being at the age to start walking, which is right on par with EM's current development. 



Peek-a-Boo Friends Handle Board Book by Little Learners - This book is absolutely adorable! We love getting books and EM is really getting into them when I read them to her. This is a great quality board book! In addition to the book, they included a little brochure about Little Learners and their other book options (including their app and singalong book they have in iTunes and iBookstore) . It looks like they have a lot of great reads!  ($7.19)


Monster Blankie by Angel Dear - EM actually got one of these in another box when she was much littler and loves it. She's no attached to any one blankie (thankfully) but I'm sure she'll love this one too! It is super soft!  I couldn't find this particular monster one on the Angel Dear website but I did find it on amazon ($13.95)


Calendula Weather Protection Cream by Weleda Baby (1 oz) - I'm not sure we'll really need this with our Florida Winters, but I'll put it away for safe keeping if the weather does drop and EM's skin starts to get irritated by it (or my own). (~$7.35)



8 Corner Protectors by Dream Baby - these will actually very much be needed for a few areas in the house once EM can reach the corners. She's already banging her head on various things so I'm sure the corners of some items will come soon enough. ($5.97)

HappyYogis: Mixed Berry by HappyFamily Organic Superfoods (1 oz) - EM hasn't had these yet, she wasn't too much a fan of the yogurt melts she got in a different box (I think because they stuck to her fingers) but we'll try these out and maybe she'll like them. She's also older now so she's gotten MUCH better with her finger foods. They are an easy, healthy snack to throw in the diaper bag. (~$2.81)


I also got a postcard for 25% off at www.bugalugbaby.com and $10 off a 30+ page memory book at www.tweekaboo.com  I never include these in my "total estimated value" of the boxes as they require you to purchase something so in my opinion they aren't part of the value if you have to buy something.

Total estimated value of box: $37.27 (not including shipping or the postcard coupons)
Total Cost of box: $13.00 (free shipping)  -- Well it's normally $24.95, I paid less because I found a deal on Plum District

Overall impression: Being that I only paid $13 I was very happy, but had I paid the full $25 I wouldn't have been as excited only because I just wasn't WOW'd by any of the items in the box. Although they are all great items and will all get used. I think it annoyed me more because they filled 80% of the box with filler/streamer stuff so it appeared like you were getting more than you were. I'm going to do one more month before I decide if I want to keep it coming or not.

As mentioned above, If you are interested in signing up for Bluum… use my referral link and get 50% off your first box (and I’ll get a credit as well): http://bluum.me/1hReL0W and I'll love you forever! Apparently you can also review you items and earn more points that way too, although I haven't figured out how to do that yet. 

Remember, you can cancel at any time, so your first box would only be $12.50 (with the single month pricing), not too shabby! 

Did you get Bluum this month? What'd you get in your box (and for what aged child)? 

Disclosure: This post contains referral links!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!