Friday, November 14, 2014

Follow Through Friday - Half Marathon Training Begins!

Well this week started my half marathon training, which officially started on Monday but prior to that, this weekend was the Give Kids the World Gingerbread Run 5k so I got a good head start to my training, which was good considering the rest of my week. This was my first official 5k, post baby, which I'm kind of using as a "post baby PR" to use as a benchmark to continue improving. You can read my race recap here.  The results for my 1st month of my 6 month Transformer DietBet got finalized this week and I won $17.48 vs the $12.50 wagered. Total profit between the two DietBets is $27.06. Once again, not huge money by any means but I'm just glad to win anything for efforts I'm already doing. 

Results for the week:
Weight: 170.6 
Pins Moved (lbs lost): four (3.6 lbs lost)
Half Marathon training:
     Run 1: 3.21 miles in 38:48 (12:05 pace) 
     Run 2: 2.53 miles in 30:24 (12:00 pace)
     Strength Training: none :(
Other:
     Walk: Friday - 2.24 miles
     Walk: Saturday - 3.26 miles (multiple walks)
     Walk: Tuesday - 2.37 miles

Total Miles Logged: 13.61

Plan for Next Week: 
Continue the half marathon training plan, for Friday through Thursday it will include: a 2 mile run, two 30-minute runs, and two strength training days. 

Overall, my results for the week were great, I mean 4 pins moved is awesome, although mentally I'm not happy with myself. First of all, this is supposed to be my first week of half marathon training which includes strength training and I literally just kept putting it off and then last night, I was in a terrible mood, picked up the barbell and said eff it, I'm just not doing it. I should have just done it, but I let my mood get the best of me. I had full intentions of doing it earlier in the week too but (my excuse) we ended up decorating for Christmas (yes, we are THOSE people) and I let that get in the way of my working out, it took about 3 partial days to do it. I also had plans on doing another run to count for my half marathon training run, but didn't. I "justified" it by telling myself I already did the 5k before my training technically started so that could count for it since it was at least a 30+ minute run. I don't like the attitude I had this week with letting excuses getting in the way of my goals. I need to re-focus and make myself a priority, this week WILL be better! Oh yea, and I'm only .6 pounds away from my 1st incentive, which is a facial! Can't wait to hit my first milestone!

Linking up with Carolyn and Fitnasty for Life with the pledge to get #FIT4FIFTEEN - which means to enter 2015 less than we entered into 2014 at!

Fitnasty for Life

3 comments:

  1. Hi, new reader here! I found you through the Fitnasty link up. I love your pounds lost board! I really need to set something like that up for myself,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And welcome! The board really helps! I also have a motivation board with incentives (it's a few posts back) - will check out your blog as well!

      Delete
  2. New reader! Found you through the #fit4fifteen link up. I love the visual with the clothespins, what a cute idea! I'm looking forward to following your half marathon training. I'm planning to attempt my first half next year and I'm learning so much from other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!