Friday, November 14, 2014

Citrus Lane Mystery Box Review "Melissa & Doug Clock Sorter"


From time to time, Citrus Lane offers mystery boxes. I've never bought one before but have always been tempted so finally I decided to jump on the deal since I had some Citrus Lane shop credits and am glad I finally decided to do so! I got my box today and was excited to see what actually came in it!

For those of you that don't know, Citrus Lane  is a monthly subscription service where you get a box of goodies for your child that are geared towards their current age (and sometimes Mommy) each month delivered to your door. You never know what you are going to get, but overall I have not been disappointed. Plans start at $29/month but if you buy longer subscriptions you can get them as low as $19/month or even cheaper when they run specials). 


The Mystery Boxes are a separate purchase, not a subscription and they usually cost $29 and estimated to have a $60+ value.  There were several options to choose from based on the age and gender of your child. I chose the Melissa & Doug Clock Sorter Mystery Box which was described as "Items are appropriate for a variety of ages, recommended for preschool girls (ages 3 years+) and features a Melissa and Doug clock sorter." The only downfall to Mystery Boxes is you have a chance of getting some duplicate items if you are a current or past subscriber. Since I selected a box recommended for ages 3+, I was hoping I wouldn't get too many duplicates.


They don't send information cards with the mystery boxes but this is what I received:




Melissa and Doug Clock Sorter ($11.99) - EM LOVES working with shapes so I figured this would be awesome for her and will eventually help her learn her time as well. Until then, it'll be helpful with continuing to learn her numbers and continue with the reinforcement for the shapes and colors. Figured it was a good change from her normal shape sorter toys. We're giving this to her for her birthday this weekend. This item was what made me decide to try a Mystery Box to begin with (obviously, since it was the only item that was disclosed).



Bumkins Wet Bag in Disney Minnie Icon Print ($10.95) -  This was a duplicate item, just a different print. We received a different Minnie one in our June 2014 Citrus Lane box. We don't use our wet bag that often, but it did come in handy after swim lessons. I know these are super popular for people who cloth diaper though!



Wild Horse Winter Book ($6.95) - We aren't quite ready for "real" (non-board) books yet as EM is a little rough with them, but we'll save this for when she's a little older. Although we did wrap it her as a Christmas gift We can never have enough books!


Emily Press Parade Love Shoe Labels ($9.99) - This is kind of a duplicate item. We received very similiar labels in our September 2014 Citrus Lane box, except they weren't specifically "shoe" labels. I love these labels because they are waterproof and durable and these particular ones will be great once Emily starts trying to put on her own shoes. They have half matching animals to differentiate between right and left. 


Fun Things to Color form A to Z Artivity Book ($7.99) - EM is getting really into coloring lately (like we color EVERY NIGHT!) and is getting an Art Easel for her birthday from her Aunt which comes with markers. That will be our first at home experience with markers, and if that goes well, then she can have this as a Christmas present too (the markers are washable and she'll be supervised but still a little nervous about markers in the house). 


Pearhead Handprint Wall Art (~$12.95) - This is another duplicate item, although one I love, so am happy to receive it. We received it in our December 2013 Citrus Lane Box. We actually didn't make handprints on our previous one, I had taped off "I LOVE YOU" with painter's tape and then let EM paint it, let it dry and then peeled of the tape and it made a cute gift for my mom for mother's day. We had tried to do the handprints but EM wanted no part of doing that nicely and that's one thing I love about this item, if you make a mistake, you can rinse the paint off, blot dry and start again which is what we did after we realized the handprints weren't working out. 





Total Estimated Value of Box: ~$46.92(not including shipping)
Total Cost of Box: $29.00 (free shipping) -- I didn't pay anything though since I had Citrus Lane shop credit.

Overall Impression: Well it wasn't quite the $60+ value they stated, but they do often times over-estimate some items and/or sell them for more than I can find them for on Amazon but overall I'm very happy with my first mystery box (even with the duplicate items) and wouldn't hesitate to order one again.


If you are interested in signing up, CLICK HERECitrus Lane, and by using my link, you will get 50% off your first box (new customers only). Remember, you can cancel at any time, so your first box would only be $14.50, not too shabby!

Did you get a Citrus Lane Mystery Box this month? What'd you get in it?

Disclosure: This post contains referral links!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!