Thursday, November 13, 2014

Give Kids the World Gingerbread Run 5k Race Recap

yes, our talented friend made us our own logo!

Last Saturday was the Give Kids the World Gingerbread Run (5k). This was my fourth year doing it and it's by far one of my favorite races. This is the only race I ever fundraise for, and as a group, our team, TEAM TAILGATE, raised over $9,700! We killed the $7,500 that we raised last year. We came in 1st place and were presented an award for raising that much. The top 3 fundraising teams were awarded a tent in "Tent Row" which are stocked with race goodies (pre/post-race snacks, access to massage tables, and special recognition + award). I always look forward to the Edible Arrangement and Chick-fil-a chicken biscuits. This is the 3rd year they've done this (Tent Row) and the 3rd year we've gotten a tent. We are all very passionate about this amazing organization and try our best to support it by being awesome fundraisers. Most of us personally match a certain amount of the donations we receive.

EM made friends with some of the kids from Team Ashtyn. They were so cute with her
I wrote about them last year,
AB took a ride for her first 5k!

This year, the race started and ended at Medieval Times which was different than the previous three years and included a loop inside the village. This allowed for them to have more participants and they still had a lot of pre and post race entertainment. It did seem like there was less entertainment during the run though as a good portion of it was on the main road leading to the village. They had plenty of water stops which was good because I forgot my water bottle in the stroller that my mother in law was pushing the kids in (and I ALWAYS run with a water bottle). Last year, I remember many of the wish families being outside cheering us on, this year I didn't notice as many, but a few in our group who walked the race said there were quite a few out by the time they got to the village. Regardless though, it was a beautiful morning for a run and I'm glad I was able to make it my first post-baby race! I don't have any group photos of our team since they were taken by the event photographer (I'll add it once I get it) but here are a few of the ones we took:



EM and Daddy after the run


It was a family affair :)


G and I with our team award



My Stats:
Official Chip Time: 42:42 (overall pace of 13:46) - They show my finish and total time as the same and I know I didn't cross the start line right when the clock started, I think my chip got messed up somehow because most everyone else's time show the delay it took them to get to the start line (which for me was about 4 or so minutes)
Place: 467 of 1276 Finishers
They didn't break it down by gender or ages.

My RunKeeper stats:
3.21 miles in 38:48 (overall pace of 12:05) 
Fastest Mile: #1 at 11:40
Slowest Mile: #3 at 12:33

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!