Monday, March 10, 2014

Birchbox "Spring Forward" Review March 2014



My March Birchbox came earlier than usual (or at least it feels that way). I had already peeked at what I was getting earlier today, so I was excited when I saw it had arrived. For those of you that don't now, Birchbox is a monthly subscription (cancel/pause any time) where you get a monthly box, delivered to your front door, of 4-6 high-end beauty and lifestyle samples from top brands. The best part, it's only $10/month! (and free shipping!)





first look
Birchbox is always delivered in a nice (usually pink) box and  within the packaging, there is always a nice little box with all the goodies. The theme this month was "Spring Forward" and talked about getting an extra hour of daylight and losing an hour of sleep and maximizing your daily routine. Birchbox always includes a great information card which explains each item and the value for the full size (I post the value for the sample size received - which is sometimes a full size item). Here is what I got this month:

Protect and Detangle by Beauty Protector - this is a leave in conditioner and detangler that also adds shine and protects from heat and sun. It smells great! Unfortuantely, mine isn't sprtizing even after pumping a ton of times so I'll have to see if I have another bottle I can transfer it to so I can use it. The bottle wasn't labeled but I'm going to guess it's about 1.5 oz (~$4.10 for 1.5 oz sample)




Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face by Coola - I received a different Coola product (also a suncscreen) in one of my earlier, pre-blog Birchbox's and LOVED IT so I was super excited to see this brand again, and another face product with SPF. Living in FL we definitely need SPF in every item! Can't wait to use this but wish it wasn't so dang expensive to repurchase (but it's organic, so that usually comes with the territory). (~$3.60 for .17 oz sample)




London Collection Body Lotion by Gilchrist & Soames - I believe I've seen this brand given out at a nice hotel before but I can't recall which one. The lotion smells really good but it's a little strong (I'm a non-scented lotion type of person though). (~$3.00 for 1.5 oz sample)



Cherie Blossom by Harvey Prince - I've never heard of this parfume before, but it smells very good. Light and floral, perfect for spring! (~$1.50 for 1.5 mL sample)




minteas by Tea Forte (in Lemongrass Yuzu) - I'm going to give these to a friend. I'm not sure if they would taste like tea or not, but the description is leading me to think they would and that means I would not like them. These were added in as a Lifestyle Extra and according to Birchbox, Lifestyle Extras do not count towards the value of the box but estimated value is $3.32 for one tin. 



Cherry Tango Square by Ghiradelli - this too looks like just an extra bonus item based on where it was listed on the information card. It was absolutely delicious! I love Dark Chocolate and Cherry so this was the perfect combo!(~$0.45 for one square)


Total Estimated Value of Box: ~$12.29 (not including shipping or the "Lifestyle Extra" or chocolate)
Total Cost of Box: $10.00 (Free Shipping)

Overall Impression: Loved this box and will use every item in it (other than the mints) Another month where it's not their most valuable but if I love the products, that's all that matters!


If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, use my referral link. If you review each product monthly you also get credit money in the Birchbox shop. If you review each product each month (assuming there are 5) that equals $5 so the box itself pretty much costs $5 which is a great deal!


My box was "Birchbox 3
" - if you click here and then change the last number you can see the different variations of boxes that were sent out, looks like there were 80 different variations this month. WOW, that's a lot!

Which box did you get this month? Did you like it?

**FUTURE GIVEAWAY** once I got 100 followers on BlogLovin' or 200 on Facebook (whichever happens first and as of post publishing I am at 87 on BlogLovin' and 152 on FB) - I am going to host a giveaway with all my Birchbox and ipsy items that aren't things I would typically use (or duplicates) but I know others who would love. So, if you don't already follow me on both of these site, please do!

2 comments:

  1. I literally had to pump the beauty protector 200 times to get it to pump (I had read a review saying it was hard to get started) but my god was I glad I did. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!