Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Citrus Lane December 2013 Review


I only got notified that my December Citrus Lane box shipped yesterday evening so I was VERY surprised to see it delivered today! And the Box was huge! Usually a good sign!


For those of you that don't know, Citrus Lane  is a monthly subscription service where you get a box of goodies for your child that are geared towards their current age (and sometimes Mommy) each month delivered to your door. You never know what you are going to get, but overall I have not been disappointed.

Last month I said the box seemed larger than normal, but this month seemed even larger and was very nicely festively decorated. At first glance, it looked like another great box! They included a wonderful little note on their information card about making memories during the holidays. 



This is what I got in my 13 Month Old, Baby Girl Box and the approximate retail value I found for each item from their specific website (or Amazon, since if you know me, I'm an Amazon Junkie and would most likely buy from there). Sometimes I have to do some math because the sizes aren’t quite the same, hence why they are approximate values. 

Handprint Art Kit from Pearhead - I always see crafts with handprints (and EM's daycare does a ton of them) but this will be fun (and messy) to do with her and preserve her little hands. I plan to frame some of her school art work and hang it in the play room and this will be a great addition. What's cool about this it apparently even if you make a mistake (mess) you can rinse the wet paint off, blot dry and try again! (Similar Item: ~$14.95)

First Shapes Jumbo Knob Puzzle from Melissa & Doug - EM will love this! (and unfortunately so will my dogs, they tend to only try to chew her wooden toys so I'll have to try to keep them away from it). EM loves to hold onto things so these knobs will be perfect and it can help her with matching shapes. She's getting better at her shape sorter so this is right in line with that. I love all the Melissa & Doug products we've gotten so far (most through Citrus Lane ) (Amazon Price: $7.49)

Cleo in the Snow Board Book from Barefoot Books - EM loves all books and all of the Barefoot Books we've gotten through Citrus Lane have been a great hit! I love that they are such a great quality board book, perfect for babies/toddlers. (Amazon Price: $6.29)



Snuggly Lotion from Episencial (3.4 oz) - Citrus Lane sure does love this brand (they must have a partnership). We can always use lotion and this one smells yummy and is a generous size. Plus, for those that care, it is 100% natural and organic. (Episencial Price: ~$5.10)

Total Estimated Value of Box: ~$33.83 (not including shipping)
Total Cost of Box: $25.00 (free shipping)

Overall Impression: Not the best "value" box to date but love all the items so still a winner in my book! I did buy a 6 month subscription off of Plum District  so going forward my personal cost of the box will be less than the $25 single box price since I got such a great deal (only paid $60 for a 6 month subscription so only $10/month!)

If you are interested in signing up for Citrus Lane… use myreferral link and get $10/off your first box (and I’ll get a $10 credit as well): https://www.citruslane.com/invitedby/citrus.lane.607957

Remember, you can cancel at any time, so your first box would only be $15, not too shabby!

Did you get Citrus Lane this month? What'd you get and for how old of a child?

Disclosure: This post contains referral links!

1 comment:

  1. I did not know you could rinse off the paint and try again! That is neat! Good thing we didn't make to much of a mess!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!