Thursday, December 26, 2013

Bulu Box - December 2013




My Bulu Box came about a week ago, but I just am finally getting a chance to review it. For those of you that don't know, Bulu Boxis the best way to discover vitamin, supplement, health and weight loss products! You can choose between Bulu Box or Bulu Box Weight Loss. Once you're signed up, you can earn an easy 50 points (that's $5!) or more each month by reviewing, sharing and completing short surveys about your products and samples. Use your Reward Points to purchase full-size versions of the products you like best. (that was the description straight from their website). It costs $10/month with free shipping. This was my first month receiving it and I received the Bulu Box Weight Loss.

The box.
There wasn't much of a "first look" since inside there were a ton of advertisements (for most of the items), but no true information card. Here is what I received in my box:

BSN Amino X (Watermelon - 1 Serving): From Website: AMINOx™ – the first Effervescent Instantized Amino Acid Endurance and Recovery Agent. AMINOx™ is designed to support: Protein Synthesis, Muscle Sparing, Recovery, and Endurance. This is something you mix into water (or any beverage). I'll give this a try after my run tomorrow.  (~1.00 for 1 serving)


Body360 Nutritionals Burn360 (2 Caplets): From website: "Burn360 works through an advanced intracellular Fat Loss Activator with hyper release absorption technology to burn fat and detox your body. Burn360 curbs cravings and increases your metabolism and energy to supercharge your fat burn." Honestly, I don't think you could get a real "feel" if these work or not by trying 2 caplets when it says take 2-3 per day or 1/day to assess your tolerance. I will give these to G to try since he always likes a good "kick start" when he starts dieting. (~1.39 for 2 caplets)


Natural Vitality CALM (Rasperry-Lemon - .12 oz sample): Labeled as the "Anti-Stress" drink that balances your calcium ntake andrestores healthy magnesium levels. I'm not a raspberry fan normally but I'll give it a one shot try. This too is something you add to water to drink. (~.18 for .12 oz sample)

Simple Being Slimming Smoothie  (Vanilla Bean Portion Pack): This reminds me of Shakeology, I just hope it tastes as good! Each serving only has 1 carb, 26g of protein, and only 110 calories (and gluten free). (~1.79 for one serving)

PowerIce (Lime): Ice pops for adults, with electrolytes! Now these are pretty awesome! I just put mine in the freezer so I can try it after a run one day! I hope it taste like Lemon-Lime Gatorade since that is what I'm expecting! (~1.33 for one)


There was also a 1 month "i dabble" membership (worth 5 requests) from OOBERLUXE.COM but I don't count that as an item, more so just a bonus. Apparently OOBERLUXE is an online travel assistant. Not something I'll probably use, so if anyone wants my code, let me me know and I'll send it to you! 

Total Estimated Value of Box: $5.69 (not including shipping)
Total Cost of Box: $3.75 - it's normally $10 (free shipping), I paid less because I found a deal on Plum District

Overall Impression: Meh. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I can tell you I'm not impressed at all. Especially because the value of the items didn't even reach $10. Had I paid full price, I'd be pissed. In this case, I'm just annoyed. The deal I found on on Plum District was for a 3 month subscription, so hopefully the next 2 months are better. 

If you want to sign up for Bulu Box, please use my referral link here.

Did you get  Bulu Box? Were you impressed? 

Disclosure: This post contains referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!