Sunday, January 19, 2014

Bluum January 2014 Review


I received my January Bluum Box(es) the other day. I have two subscriptions for Bluum  and I screwed up my "pausing", so I ended up getting two identical boxes this month. Well same items, but different variations on a few of the items at least. Whoops! One was at least free with my points. 

Bluum is a monthly subscription service where you receive a box each month with products that are based on your child's age, gender and developmental stage. The boxes start as low as $21/month if you choose a longer subscription or just $24.95/month for one month, and you can cancel anytime. If you use my referral link (http://bluum.me/1hReL0W) you can get your first month 50% off, so it's not a bad deal to try out for $12.50! Which considering they advertise a $40+ value, you can definitely get a good deal of goodies for much less if you get a good box!


Here is my review of my box, which is for my 14 month old, daughter and the approximate retail value I found for each item from their specific website (or Amazon, since if you know me, I'm an Amazon Junkie and would most likely buy from there). Sometimes I have to do some math because the sizes aren’t quite the same, hence why they are approximate values. 

the packaging
first look
my second box (different book and blankie though)

This month, the box was filled with a ton of filler again but it looked like there were a bunch of great items!




Melissa and Doug - Slide and Seek Safari ($6.61) - this is a cute wooden toy that helps teach cause and effect, I'm sure EM will love it We love Melissa and Doug toys!


Angel Dear Blankie - Mouse ($10.75) - EM loves these blankies, however, we have a handful of them already between gifts and subscription boxes. So with getting two of these blankies this month, I decided I would just give them to two of my friends who are expecting babies and I'll be attending their showers this month. 


Happy Tot Super Toddler Bars (Organic Apple and Kale Crisp and Organic Mixed Berry Crunch) (~$0.87/each x 2) - We get a lot of Happy brand items between Bluum and Citrus Lane, most of them EM likes, some she does not. I'll throw these in my diaper bag for when we are in need of a snack. 


Kingfisher Books - Baby Animals in the Sea ($5.39) - this is an adorable book and I love baby animals so I'll enjoy reading this to EM. It seems to be a good quality board book.


Deep Stick Moisture Stick - Grapefruit Bergamot ($3.35) - This was an item for Mom. I've received one of these in the past and to be honest, I have no idea where it is. I've read these are great so I may have to actually use one of them. 


Oscillococcinum (3 doses) (~$5.55) - This is also an item for Mom. II've used a sample of this in the past (probably from a subscription box) and it seemed to work well. It's supposed to relieve you of flu-like symptoms


Total Estimated Value of Box: $33.39 not including shipping)
Total Cost of Box: $24.95 (free shipping)

Overall impression: I love all the items and according to the information card (sent via email) it does total to over $40 if you don't buy from Amazon (although I use Amazon to get my comparable pricing since that is where I would most likely buy the items from). I will continue my subscription after all, at least for one more month!

As mentioned above, If you are interested in signing up for Bluum… use my referral link and get 50% off your first box (and I’ll get a credit as well): http://bluum.me/1hReL0W and I'll love you forever! You can also review you items and earn points towards free boxes as well!

Remember, you can cancel at any time, so your first box would only be $12.47 (with the single month pricing), not too shabby! .

Did you get Bluum this month? What'd you think? What age is your box for?

Disclosure: This post contains referral links!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!