Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bulu Box January 2014 Review


My Bulu Box came yesterday and to be honest, after my 1st month's box (I have a 3 month subscription + found a code for one completely free month, so I'll be getting 4 boxes total) I wasn't that impressed, so I was curious to see if this month would be better. 

For those of you that don't know, 
Bulu Box is the best way to discover vitamin, supplement, health and weight loss products! You can choose between Bulu Box or Bulu Box Weight Loss. Once you're signed up, you can earn an easy 50 points (that's $5!) or more each month by reviewing, sharing and completing short surveys about your products and samples. Use your Reward Points to purchase full-size versions of the products you like best. (that was the description straight from their website). It costs $10/month with free shipping. This was my second month receiving it and I received the ulu Box Weight Loss version.



There wasn't much of a "first look" since inside there were a ton of advertisements (for most of the items), but unlike last month, there was a true information card. I really appreciate info cards, especially for this type of box since I'm not sure what most of the items are used for. Here is what I received in my box: 



Body Glove Surge Energy Gel (Chocolate) - I like gels like this when I have long-ish races. I'm usually more of a fan of the fruity flavors, but I'll try this one out when I do my next >5k race. (~$2.09 for one packet)


Body360 Nutriontals Burn360 (2 Caplets) - I received these last month too. I still haven't tried them. Maybe If I get them each month I'll eventually have enough to see if I think they actually work. As I mentioned  last monthI don't think you could get a real "feel" if these work or not by trying 2 caplets when it says take 2-3 per day or 1/day to assess your tolerance. They are for curbs cravings and increases your metabolism and energy to supercharge your fat burn. (~1.39 for 2 caplets)




Mediterranean Snacks Tapaz 2 Go (Classic) - I LOVE HUMMUS! It's probably one of my favorite snacks (although I usually eat it with veggies to keep it a healthier snack) so I'm super excited to try this lentil chip and hummus snack. I do wish they would have given me a flavored hummus though. They are a little pricy for an every day snack. ($~2.99 for one snack pack)


Helps Tea Organic R&R (1 Sachet) - I don't like any tea of any kind so I don't ever appreciate receiving it in any of my boxes (and it comes in all of them from time to time - baby and beauty too!). From the website, it's described: "Organic R&R (Rest & Relax) promotes relief from everyday stress, providing relaxation with lemon balm and passion flower to ease you into peaceful sleep. Good for use at bedtime. Helps Tea is a 100% natural dietary supplement with no artificial colors or preservatives." (~$0.27 for one sachet)


Smarty Pants All in One Adult Weight Management Gummies (4 Gummies) - I love the concept of gummy multivitamins, but not when you have to take 6 a day. So a sample of less than one day's serving doesn't really do me any good except see if I like the way they taste. But, even if I liked the way they taste, I still wouldn't ever by a multivitamin that requires me to take so many and more than once a day. I'll stick to my one-a-day horse pills. (~$0.78 for 4 gummies)


Total Estimated Value of Box: $7.52  (not including shipping)
Total Cost of Box: $3.75 - it's normally $10 (free shipping), I paid less because I found a deal on Plum District

Overall Impression: Once again, not impressed ESPECIALLY since the value isn't even close to the $10 cost (even if I paid less). I also don't like items that you can't really try to get the full experience of with such a small sample size. That's 2 months in a row that I wasn't impressed, at all. The deal I found on on Plum District was for a 3 month subscription, plus I had found a completely free code, so I'll be getting 4 months total, and at this rate, I will not be renewing. I did however just complete my "profile" so maybe that'll help! I have seen other people post their boxes on Instagram and the look soo much better than mine!

If you want to sign up for Bulu Box, please use my referral link here.

Did you get  Bulu Box? What'd you get? Were you impressed? 

Disclosure: This post contains referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!