Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Thursday Thoughts


Linking up with Jen again at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for another edition of Thursday's Thoughts!

TTGood copy
  • Could it be possible, could we actually be experiencing some fall weather FINALLY?? It only took until the last week of October to hit temperatures under 90 degrees! (We had a few days earlier this month but hoping this time it's actually going to stay!) Forecast for the next few days, specifically in the UCF area = beautiful! This makes me super happy because last Saturday was in the low 90's and was miserable in the sun and considering I plan to bring EM to her first UCF game on Saturday and was worried about tailgating/sitting in an entire aluminum stadium in that heat. 


  • So I finally made it to Home Depot last night to buy the paint for today's painting (better late than never!) I ended up with three different colors than originally thought (although close) because they looked very different on a computer/phone screen than they did in person. Here's hoping that I made good color choices, picking paint colors is SO stressful IMO, especially after picking ones I didn't care for in the last house. I can't wait to do before and after pics, although it'll probably be a while before I get the rooms fully situated/decorate enough to do "after" pics. Granted this is a picture from my iPhone and I know the one color is on my living room walls currently and looks better in person, this will kind of give you an idea. See the difference: 
    1. Tropical Breeze will be in the gym. The original color we had picked out was way too bright for my liking. 
    2. Raffia Cream  will be the staircase, halls, mud room, and non-main walls in the play room. We never had a color really picked out for this and weren't sure if we wanted a cream or a grey but we decided on cream.
    3. Seafoam Spray will be the one main wall in the play room. I think it will make the room pop but won't be too juvenile or crazy (and if we end up hating it, it's only ONE wall)
    4. Valley Mist is the current color of our living room which feeds into the 1st floor portion of the stair case, so I had to make sure Raffia Cream went OK with that as well. 
  • Today is my Friday, yey! I love having every other friday off! Tomorrow I plan to get a massage in the morning. I have a monthly membership at Massage Envy and have found one masseuse that is incredible. Whenever I find a deal on LivingSocial or Groupon for massages and go to them, they are never that great (even though I end up only paying like $20 for an hr massage) so now I only go to my one person and I know it's going to be wonderful, every time. Plus MassageEnvy has heated tables, and that makes such a difference! 
  • After my massage tomorrow, I have to come home and take the dogs to the vet for their annual appointment/check up/shots. This will be our first time at the new vet since we moved. I hate taking them to the vet, it's so freaking expensive because everything is multiplied by two. As much as I love the pups, if I had to do it again, I would only get one. Having two (especially two crazy ones!) makes everything so much harder/more expensive (dog sitting, vet visits, etc) Although I love how they play together and that, I guess, makes up for it! And at least they got to stay together (well 2 of 7 pups in the litter anyways).
  • Heard on the radio this morning that there are over 10k homeless kids in the tri-county area. That is absolutely heartbreaking to me. I hate when innocent children suffer due to their circumstances (parents bad choices, bad luck, whatever it may be).




1 comment:

  1. Ohh, I love that Raffia Cream!!! Can't wait to see some pictures!

    And I try to avoid taking the dogs to the vet at all costs. I try and get my husband to do it. It's hard to wrangle them!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!