Linking up with Jen again at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for another edition of Thursday's Thoughts!
- Could it be possible, could we actually be experiencing some fall weather FINALLY?? It only took until the last week of October to hit temperatures under 90 degrees! (We had a few days earlier this month but hoping this time it's actually going to stay!) Forecast for the next few days, specifically in the UCF area = beautiful! This makes me super happy because last Saturday was in the low 90's and was miserable in the sun and considering I plan to bring EM to her first UCF game on Saturday and was worried about tailgating/sitting in an entire aluminum stadium in that heat.
- So I finally made it to Home Depot last night to buy the paint for today's painting (better late than never!) I ended up with three different colors than originally thought (although close) because they looked very different on a computer/phone screen than they did in person. Here's hoping that I made good color choices, picking paint colors is SO stressful IMO, especially after picking ones I didn't care for in the last house. I can't wait to do before and after pics, although it'll probably be a while before I get the rooms fully situated/decorate enough to do "after" pics. Granted this is a picture from my iPhone and I know the one color is on my living room walls currently and looks better in person, this will kind of give you an idea. See the difference:
- Tropical Breeze will be in the gym. The original color we had picked out was way too bright for my liking.
- Raffia Cream will be the staircase, halls, mud room, and non-main walls in the play room. We never had a color really picked out for this and weren't sure if we wanted a cream or a grey but we decided on cream.
- Seafoam Spray will be the one main wall in the play room. I think it will make the room pop but won't be too juvenile or crazy (and if we end up hating it, it's only ONE wall)
- Valley Mist is the current color of our living room which feeds into the 1st floor portion of the stair case, so I had to make sure Raffia Cream went OK with that as well.
- Today is my Friday, yey! I love having every other friday off! Tomorrow I plan to get a massage in the morning. I have a monthly membership at Massage Envy and have found one masseuse that is incredible. Whenever I find a deal on LivingSocial or Groupon for massages and go to them, they are never that great (even though I end up only paying like $20 for an hr massage) so now I only go to my one person and I know it's going to be wonderful, every time. Plus MassageEnvy has heated tables, and that makes such a difference!
- After my massage tomorrow, I have to come home and take the dogs to the vet for their annual appointment/check up/shots. This will be our first time at the new vet since we moved. I hate taking them to the vet, it's so freaking expensive because everything is multiplied by two. As much as I love the pups, if I had to do it again, I would only get one. Having two (especially two crazy ones!) makes everything so much harder/more expensive (dog sitting, vet visits, etc) Although I love how they play together and that, I guess, makes up for it! And at least they got to stay together (well 2 of 7 pups in the litter anyways).
- Heard on the radio this morning that there are over 10k homeless kids in the tri-county area. That is absolutely heartbreaking to me. I hate when innocent children suffer due to their circumstances (parents bad choices, bad luck, whatever it may be).