Thursday, October 31, 2013

30 before 30 - Thursday Thoughts



After doing my "Someday I will..." post yesterday, it made me think with my 28th Birthday on Sunday, I'm going to be 30 in two short years and there has to be things I want to accomplish/do before I turn 30. So, this brings you to my 30 before 30 post of today. By November 3, 2016, I want to have completed the following 30 things (and I'll update you all along the way!) :
  1. Become a Mom to a 2nd child
  2. Hit and maintain my goal weight of 135 lbs
  3. Lot 1000 miles in walking/running
  4. Go to an all-inclusive adults only resort
  5. Get 50 'official' followers between Blogger/BlogLovin (hint, hint loyal leaders)
  6. Complete 6 half marathons
  7. Beat my PR half marathon time (2:39:23)
  8. Earn a promotion at work
  9. Stop biting my nails
  10. Run a sub 30 min 5k (actual chipped race, not on the treadmill)
  11. Plant a garden that actually produces something edible 
  12. Run 20 races (5k, 10k, half, etc)
  13. Volunteer at GKTW 5 times
  14. Get Diamond Plus status on Royal Caribbean 
  15. Re-design my blog (not use a standard template)
  16. Make a dinner meal plan for a week, which requires me to cook each night, and stick to it
  17. Play a round of golf
  18. Learn to shoot a gun
  19. Go on a REAL picnic 
  20. Build a back patio/lanai and screen it in (and by build, I mean hire someone else to do it)
  21. Run at least (or walk) one mile every day for 30 days straight (can't make up for a day on a later day)
  22. Complete EM's 1st year photo book
  23. If we have baby #2 by my 29th birthday, complete daily photo collages for baby's 1st year of life (I haven't missed a day yet with EM but everyone keeps saying "I bet you won't do this for your next child, I am going to prove them wrong!)
  24. Blog at least once a week (hopefully more!)
  25. Take a trip to NY and visit family
  26.  Have a date night, once a month with G
  27.  Take a trip to visit my BFF and her family (currently in SC but being in the Navy, who knows where they’ll be)
  28.  Complete 4 Pintrest ideas/projects (recipes don't count)
  29.  Run/Walk and pick EM up from school (day care) and run/walk home
  30.  Bike at least 30 miles in one day. (the most I’ve ever done is around 14)

While I was putting this together, I thought of so many more things I want to do that I know won't be possible in the next 2 years (budget constraints, plan to be pregnant, vacation days, etc) so I decided to also make my 40 before 40 list today as well. I actually finished the 40 before 40 list before I finished my 30 before 30 list.
  1. Vacation in Hawaii
  2. Take a transatlantic cruise
  3. Take an Alaskan cruise
  4. Take a European cruise
  5. Go on a hot air balloon ride
  6. Helicopter tide over a volcano
  7. Stay at a Cabin in the mountains (jacuzzi on balcony a must!)
  8. Adopt a family for Christmas
  9. Visit 3 states I've never been to (driving through doesn't count)
  10. Finish decorating/furnishing/painting our entire house  - including bathrooms
  11. Break my PR 5k time (as of when I'm 30)
  12. Break my PR 10k time (as of when I'm 30)
  13. Break my PR half marathon time (as of when I'm 30)
  14. Attend one UCF road game per Football season
  15. Take EM (+ future child) on a Disney Cruise
  16. Take EM (+ future child) to Disneyland
  17. Take EM (+future child) to swim with dolphins
  18. Take EM (+future child) to NYC in the winter/Christmas time
  19. Take EM (+future child) to Hershey Park
  20. Visit the Grand Canyon
  21. Go to a place once a year that I have never been to before (some of the other items on this list will help that!)
  22. Maintain that 135 lbs I plan to reach by 30
  23. Assuming I'm still blogging, go to a BlogHer (or similar) conference
  24. Assuming I'm still blogging, double my followers that I have at age 30.
  25. Go to a drive-in movie
  26. Plant a fruit producing tree and watch it grow
  27. Attend an all-day country music festival
  28. Swim in a hot spring
  29. Bury a time capsule with EM (+future child) and dig it up 5 years later
  30. Volunteer at GKTW at least once a year
  31. Run a 5k with each child I have
  32. Go Apple Picking
  33. Make Wine (like stomp on grapes at a winery)
  34. Cash in all my savings bond that have FINALLY hit maturity and stopped earning interest
  35. Pay off our mortgage
  36. Do a Wine Tour (on the train in California maybe?)
  37. Go to a NFL football game
  38. Be "Room Mom" at EM (+future child) School once a month (if this still even exists?)
  39. Have a 10 year Anniversary Party
  40. Make my 50 by 50 list!
And this concludes another edition of my Thursday Thoughts with Jen @ Ramblings of a Suburban Mom!

TTGood copy

What do you want to do before 30?
Or 40? Or 50+? Share your list with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!