Friday, February 28, 2014

Follow Through Friday - Week 5

This week ended up being an utter failure, worse than Week 4I really hate not feeling 100%. 


Friday (2 Mile Run + Strength) / FAIL
I wasn't feeling well so took it easy. 


Saturday (Rest)
I actually had plans to do my Sunday run on Saturday with a group of ladies from my "Moms Run this Town" group, which would have been my first meet up with them, but when I woke up I still wasn't feeling well so I had to to cancel. Boo!

Sunday(4 Mile Run) / FAIL
I actually started to feel better on Sunday afternoon, but we had a house full of people the entire day and by the time they left I was exhausted, so another day of excuses. 

Monday (Stretch + Strength)
Finally, I felt good again, and so I did 2 intervals of the arms workout which consisted of what is listed below and then decided to walk on the treadmill for a half hour and did 1.91 miles.

  • Treadmill – 2% incline, run at 7 mph for 1 min
  • Chair or bench Dips – 20 reps 
  • Dumbbell Curls – 10lb dumbbell – 10 reps 
  • Close grip girl push ups – 15 reps 
  • Cross Body Hammer Curl – 10 lb db – 10 reps (just realized I only did these on my first go around, whoops!)
  • Kettlebell Swings – 25 
  • Knee to Opposite Elbows – 20 each side alternating
Tuesday (3 Mile Run)
When I first started out on Tuesday, I was thinking it was cross training day which means walking to me, and then I realized I was supposed to be running but I hadn't felt like running since I was already in a walking mindset. I ended up only doing 21 minutes (1.31 miles) because EM woke up. Later in the evening, we took a walk around the neighbordhood with G's mom and Nan (which is pretty slow) and did another 1.55 miles in 35 minutes. Didn't hit 3 miles exactly, but came close. Better than nothing.

Wednesday (40 Mins Cross Training)/ FAIL
Ugh I was doing so good, and the last week or so I've been horrible.

Thursday (Rest) 
Success! Although, I SHOULD have made up previous fail days. 

Friday (2 Mile Run + Strength) / FAIL
Another day of nothing, I didn't even hit 5,000 steps on my pedometer. I do have a 10k in the morning though, so looks like Saturday won't be a fail at least!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!